Organising Committee leaders and IOC Members join Host City 2019’s stellar line up
Host City 2019 brings the world’s greatest event owners, hosts and organisers to Glasgow on 26-27 November.
More organisers and owners of the greatest events in the world are joining the world class speaker line up of Host City 2019, the largest meeting of cities and sports, business and cultural events.
They tackle a hard-hitting agenda with topics including sustainability, disruption, gender equality, creating impact, procurement, readiness, fan engagement, titanic disasters and herculean achievements.
New speaker confirmations include IOC Members:
• Marisol Casado, President, International Triathlon Union (ITU) and IOC Member
• Sir Craig Reedie GBE, President, World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and IOC Member
Organising/bid committee leaders:
• Claude Atcher, CEO, Rugby World Cup France 2023
• Markus Stenger, Managing Director, DFB EURO 2024
• Roberto Daneo, Coordinator of Milan-Cortina 2026 Candidature File and Games Operations Expert
Rights holders of sports, esports, business and cultural events:
• Debbie Jevans CBE, Executive Chair, English Football League
• Russell Samuel, VP, Marketing and Creative, Viacom Velocity
• Alban Dechelotte, Head of Sponsorships and Business Development EU Esports, Riot Games
• Kate Sadleir, General Manager, Women’s Rugby, World Rugby
• Michael D'hulst, co-founder and CEO, Super League Triathlon
• Frederik Nemeth, CFO, Roskilde Festival Group
In addition to world leading experts and service providers:
• David de Behr, Head of Sales, Aggreko Event Services
• Ken Scott, Head of Inspectorate, Sports Ground Safety Authority
• Jonathan Gray, Senior Partner, Global Head of Sport and Major Events, Control Risks
• David Tunnicliffe, Commercial Director, GL events UK
They join a line-up of great speakers already announced including leaders of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games Organising Committee, Expo 2020 Dubai, several International Federations and event hosts, with more organising committees to be announced.
Host City is delivered with support from EventScotland, its primary Supporting Partner.
Host City Expo & Conference brings together cities and sports, business and cultural events for two full days of unrivalled insight, networking, workshops and business on 26-27 November at the Technology & Innovation Centre in Glasgow.
This is where representatives of host
destinations, federations and other rights holders, organisers, event suppliers
and services from all over the world meet to discover opportunities and discuss
the challenges of major event hosting. Participants are encouraged to use Host
City as a platform to develop, workshop and announce new events, partnerships
This year’s Strategic Partners include the International Association of Event Hosts (IAEH), the Association of Global Event Suppliers (AGES), the European Sponsorship Association (ESA) and European Stadium & Safety Management Association (ESSMA).
Host City is delivered with support from
EventScotland, its primary Supporting Partner.
Photo: Opening panel of Host City 2018 (L-R): Alban Dechelotte, Riot Games; Bridget McConnell, Glasgow Life; Dimitri Kerkentzes, BIE; Ansley O'Neal, IOC; Jon Dutton, Rugby League World Cup 2021; Paul Bush, EventScotland (Photo: Host City)