SportAccord reveals first ‘summit’ speaker line-up for Gold Coast
LAUSANNE, Switzerland – SportAccord announced the first confirmed speakers for its Summit conference: The Future of Big Data and Analytics, taking place from 8 – 9 May 2019 at the Gold Coast Conference & Exhibition Centre, Queensland, Australia.
Nis Hatt, Managing Director of SportAccord commented:
“We have a strong line-up of speakers for this year’s SportAccord Summit sharing their views and expertise on why big data and analytics matter to sport, with sessions covering key touchpoints such as teams, athletes, brands, manufacturers and of course - fans.
“This year’s Summit places fan engagement and experiences at the heart of the matter and looks at the ways technology, content, media and entertainment interconnect.
“As technologies such as artificial intelligence, the internet of things, blockchain and others start to go mainstream, fans will be able to take a much more active role and feel richer for the experience.”
Global leaders from across the sporting industry are among the first speakers (in session order) confirmed for this year’s SportAccord Summit, including:
• Deon Newman (Keynote), Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and Vice President of Strategy, IBM Asia Pacific
• Darren Birch, General Manager - Growth, Digital and Audiences, Australian Football League (AFL)
• Nick Hockley, Chief Executive Officer, ICC T20 World Cup Australia 2020
• Chris Nunn, Managing Director APAC, Futures Sport & Entertainment
• Luke Bould, CCO & CMO, Football Federation Australia
• Sally Hancock, Managing Partner, Y Sport
• Matt Kamienski, Vice President and Executive Director - Presidents Cup, PGA TOUR
• Andrew Reid, General Manager, TEG Analytics and TEG Insights
• Barbara Kendall, Vice President, International Surfing Association (ISA), Non-Executive Director of ARRIA
• Heinrich Zetlmayer, General Partner, Blockchain Valley Ventures (BVV)
• Stephen Smith, CEO & Founder, Kitman Labs
• Ian K. Partilla, Vice President - Head of Global Revenue, GumGum Sports
• Natalie Cook, 5 x Olympian and Gold Medallist – Australia, Beach Volleyball
Delegates will also have the opportunity to discuss the Summit topics further with speakers and panellists on Day 2 during the five Summit Hub Breakout track sessions:
• Big Data and Fan Engagement
• Marketing and Customer Behaviour
• Athlete/Player Performance via Wearable Technology, Big Data
• Application of AI for International Federation (IF), Event, & Sponsor Performance
• Blockchain Technology in Sport
For media enquiries, email the Media Relations Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
SportAccord brings together international sports federations and organisations involved in the business of sport. The annual World Sport & Business Summit is a six-day event attended by leaders of the global sports community. It engages international sports federations, athletes, industry, rights holders, organising committees, cities, government, agencies, media, technology, legal teams, medical professionals, inventors, and subject matter experts – represented at the highest levels.
SportAccord is the only global sports business event attended by all the international sports federations and their stakeholders, who host their Annual General Assemblies during SportAccord.
These stakeholders include: ASOIF (Association of Summer Olympic International Federations), AIOWF (Association of International Olympic Winter Sports Federations), ARISF (Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations), AIMS (Alliance of Independent Recognised Members of Sport), GAISF (Global Association of International Sports Federations) and Associate Members. SportAccord receives the full support of the International Olympic Committee.