New initiatives helped Made in Denmark reach new heights
The third edition of the European Tour tournament Made in Denmark became yet another evocative success. We saw new names from the golfing world and experienced enormous interest in our new initiatives.
The tournament with flashing colors, that Made in Denmark is known as, was combined with a successful new music initiative - Made in Denmark Festival. Several well-known Danish bands and artists made the music festival a popular attraction this week.
The new camping area Santander Camp was sold out and adds yet another chapter to the story of this year’s successful tournament.
We’ve gathered the following quotes on the last day of the tournament:
Flemming Astrup, promoter
- With the Made in Denmark Festival we moved us into uncharted waters. A lot of people didn’t believe that we could combine a music festival with a golf tournament in this way. But with up to five thousand people in the audience Saturday night, we consider it a huge success. We will definitely develop on this part of the tournament.
- We can’t thank the spectators and volunteers enough. It’s because of them we had such an amazing event for the third year in a row.
Lars Larsen, owner of JYSK
- We keep adding on year by year. Now we have to evaluate and learn in order to do an even better job next year.
Mikael Eriksson, tournament director at European Tour
- The spectators did an amazing job by creating a great atmosphere and supporting the players. The course was in great conditions and it was a fantastic week.
Morten Backhausen, CEO of Danish Golf Union
- Made in Denmark shows that golf can be combined with creating a festive atmosphere. We believe that popular culture is an important part of the development of golf. This tournament is also a huge part of our work with golf on elite level, where new talents get the opportunity to play on a greater level.
Lars Lundov, CEO of Sport Event Denmark
- For a third year in a row I’ve had the pleasure of visiting the golf tournament Made in Denmark. They had a very professional set up yet again this year. Himmerland Hill, all the volunteers in Danish colors and the loyal spectators are exactly what Denmark needs in order to become a great golfing nation and destination. Made in Denmark did it again.
Winner: Thomas Pieters, Belgium
As published on Thursday, August 24th, Made in Denmark will continue in 2017. The tournament will be played on Himmerland Golf & Spa Resort yet again next year.